Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What's on YOUR Life List?


I am a total "list" person. After my baby was born and life was getting back to usual(i.e.no more meals being brought in, no more visitors and daddy was back to work) I felt my world become a bit overwhelming. I am what my husband refers to as a "busy body". I like to get things done. It was hard for me to think of all the stuff I wasn't accomplishing in a day. So with some encouragement, I started making my lists of "to-do's". I would write down even the simplest acts like eat breakfast. There is something about checking off an item on my list that brings great satisfaction.

When I picked up this months issue of body+soul and saw this article I decided it was for me. I haven't seen the movie but I think the "The Bucket List" is about doing just that.
Make yourself a Life List. It's simple. Start by jotting down your life goals or dreams. While on my mission my comp gave me a blank notebook for writing all the things I wanted to someday have or accomplish. It's fun to open it once in a while and see what I still need to do or what I've already done. If you ever feel like your life is out of balance. Try making your everyday list to include those areas you want to focus on. An example could be... I need more family time... so that day my list might include scheduling in a visit to the park or watching a movie together. Each day is an opportunity to write your own happy ending:) Whatever your list includes whether its a short term or long term goal just have fun. Its your LIFE!!

For a long time it seemed to me that life was about
to begin-real life, but there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one.

HAPPINESS IS A JOURNE
Y NOT A DESTINATION

[SOU
ZA]








No comments: