Thursday, April 24, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever


It must be getting close to or now is the time for strawberries. I am not sure, but one thing I do know is that I am a berry junkie. I love how I can get my sweet fix without feeling guilty. I recently did a no sugar fast for two weeks. I don't know if I noticed a huge change but I did realize how much I crave sweets. It was harder than I thought but do able. I enjoyed a strawberry trifle dessert last night at a pampered chef party and I've had strawberries on my mind all day. So, if you're like me and could probably eat a whole container in one or two sittings here's another idea for putting those berries to good use.

(*FYI: Berries contain high amount of pesticides try to buy organic when possible or use food wash to clean.)


STRAWBERRY HAND AND FOOT SCRUB


6-8 Strawberries

2 tablespoons Apricot Oil (you may substitute olive oil)

1 teaspoon of coarse salt, such as Kosher Salt, or Sea Salt

Mix together all ingredients, massage into hands(arms) and feet (legs), rinse, and pat dry.

Strawberries contain a natural fruit acid which aids in exfoliation.
This fruit also contains several polyphenols that have high antioxidant capacity. They are also high in Vitamin C which is also a potent antioxidant. You'll find exfoliation to be revitalizing and energizing.


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooh, that sounds great! I will definitely have to use that to prepare my feet for flip flop season!

Melanie said...

Hey, I know that you don't know me, but I'm one of Michelle's friends and I was good friends with Adam, too. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE this blog! I just recently found it (I think through Michelle's page) and I have already used quite a few things. I now make my own baby wipes, which I love, and have used the orange facial as well as the cough syrup. I also love the links that you have to various sites. Anyway, I love it! Thank you, thank you for your willingness to share all this awesome information! Also, tell Adam that I love his children's artwork--it is really amazing and so, so cute.

Aby Runyan said...

I found your wondeful blog through a link from another blog. Thanks so much for all the great tips! I have gotten all the stuff I need to make baby wipes for the first time, I'm so excited! But I can't figure out what kind of container will actually hold a round roll, and be easy to pull wipes out of. You wrote you use a regular baby wipes container for yours -what kind is it?
Thanks so much!
Aby Runyan

havensmama said...

I am glad you asked about the wipes....I remove the cardboard from the center of the roll. Then I start from the outside and fold them back and forth at the crease. It kind of layers them. I put the layers into a regular wipe container. Pour everything over the top (water,soap/oil mix, then essential oils) close the lid and shake. In about 5 mins or so they are ready for use. If they seem to dry, add a bit more water...if they're too wet just remember to add less water next time. Its all about trial and error but eventually you'll get pretty good at it. I just pull off a few and put them in a travel wipe case for the diaper bag. Good Luck and Happy wiping:)
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Erin Spenc said...

I just love all these posts! Keep them coming!

leah said...

Jill, You are darling as always and of course ingenius. I love strawberries too. Cant wait to get some more. Yum.
Do you have any great posts or ideas for allergies?? Our Kayta girl is miserable - tonight is worse than most so Tan just went to get some claritin which we actually hate the idea but she need some relief badly - I might call in the morning I am going to hit good earth as soon as I can break down the door.
Love ya.
Leah
thanks for your expertise.