Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First comes Parenting


Its funny how once you find out you're expecting you begin to think/imagine about all the things you're going to do once you have a child. What style of parenting methods you want to follow. All the choices you want to make for this little person since they will totally depend on YOU. It can be a bit overwhelming. My husband and I talked about this lots and although it was easier then to say "I will for sure do this".... I am proud of the major decisions I've made and have stuck too. I don't by any means think my way is the best and only way. Parenting is personal and only a mother/father have the intuition of what is best for their child. The first child is usually a good practice run on what works and of course that will probably change with each individual child. I guess "Practice makes Perfect" or at least parenting somewhat easier. Maybe that's why my parents ended up with 6 kids. Either way its had its tough moments(and I can only imagine many more) but also some very sweet, beautiful ones too!
I thought it might be fun to share what resources I got the most out of.


Dr. Sears Attachment Parenting/Baby Book

I loved both of these. It made sense to me
and was what I felt was right for me and my baby.He talks about the B's of Attachment Parenting and I really have tried to follow them.


BREASTFEED BONDING BABYWEARING BEDDING CLOSE TO BABY BALANCE


When Haven was getting close to introducing solids, I really wanted to only give her the best healthy whole foods. I truly believe that so much of our health is a reflection of what we eat. I started looking for books on making your own baby food. I love this one by Jacqueline Rubin. She's really helfpul in getting you started and includes "knowledge about foods" a "how to" even down to a "schedule to follow." It's made it so incredibly helpful in doing it myself. I think this book and a baby food mill is all you need to get started.


No comments: